A child encounters many physical stresses during their growing years. The resulting problems in children’s spines can occur at almost any point in their development and growth. Since significant spinal trauma can occur at, or prior to birth, many parents elect to have their newborn’s spine checked right after birth. Many developmental milestones such as learning to hold up the head, sitting upright, crawling, and walking are all activities that are affected by spinal alignment and are important times to have a child checked by a chiropractor. Additionally, falls, sports injuries, playground bumps, heavy school bags and sitting all day in the classroom are all physical stresses to the growing child’s spine and nervous system.
- To promote proper growth and development
- To allow a child’s nervous system and spine to grow optimally and without interference
- To improve a child’s immune system and digestive health
- To improve a child’s sleeping patterns
- To limit colic and constipation